Difference between Wait Step and Schedule the Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between Wait Step and Schedule the Campaign

Hi guys, 

From time to time I have issues with Wait step in my campaigns. If I want a few emails to be sent one a few days after another, what option it's better to use - Wait step or just shedule the campaings for specific dates/time? What is the difference between those options?

Thank you,
Yana

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between Wait Step and Schedule the Campaign

I feel the wait step is the best use of your time.  What kind of issues were you having with that step?   An engagement program may be better suited here too.
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/how-to-use-marketo-engagement-programs-850/
Hope this helps! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Melinda! 

My situation is: I have a webinar campaign where let's say I'm sending out the invitation email and then reminders. So for the reminding emails I usually use Wait step and run the campaign. The issue is that it used to show "View all runs: 1" and "Completed (0 leads qualify)". So the reminding emails were not sent and I had to run the sampaign manually again at the day when I wanted the reminder to be sent. 
I was told that the solution for this thing is to avoid the Wait step and directly schedule the campaign to run for the date I want. 

What is the difference between those two options? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wait step would be your ideal solution for delaying the send of a reminder in more sophisticated workflows especially if it is a recurring webinar. However, because this is a one time webinar a reminder email that is scheduled would make more sense. Ideally the wait step would work but I too have experienced issues with leads getting caught in waitsteps and the email never going out to some subset of users. 

The difference? One is a single program with a time delay between 2 steps. The other is two different programs doing two different sends that are independently scheduled. 

Hope that helps, 

Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Jeff!