SOLVED

Deleting Dynamics CRM Synced Leads

Go to solution
Jeremy_Foote
Level 2

Deleting Dynamics CRM Synced Leads

We currently have a number of leads synced over from Dynamics CRM that have been verified as having BAD EMAIL addresses in CRM.

I understand the process for running an operational cleanup campaign for these leads within Marketo.

However, should I also set the Sync to Marketo field as FALSE so that these Bad Email leads do not resync back in Marketo?

Is this best practice?

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Deleting Dynamics CRM Synced Leads

Hi Jeremy,

If you don't think there's a chance these leads will be updated with the correct email, then yes, I would suggest preventing them from syncing.  This will help keep your database clean, and keep that lead from throwing off any campaign or email tracking/stats.  You can always let it sync down later if it does get updated with better info.

John

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Deleting Dynamics CRM Synced Leads

Hi Jeremy,

If you don't think there's a chance these leads will be updated with the correct email, then yes, I would suggest preventing them from syncing.  This will help keep your database clean, and keep that lead from throwing off any campaign or email tracking/stats.  You can always let it sync down later if it does get updated with better info.

John