Re: Delete Leads from Marketo Database But Keep them in Salesforce

Jon_Wu
Level 4

Good to hear! In practice, do I need a significant delay before checking the 2nd box? My concern is that if I update 1 million contacts in Salesforce, both boxes will sync at the exact same time due to the sync backlog (which might take days at that volume). Can't really think of a way around this though besides having a huge delay.

Edem_Jimbo
Level 2

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 1.31.22 PM.png

Oddly I don't see the Remove from SFDC option when I tried to delete a person. Where exactly did you go to get this pop up screen if you don't mind sharing?

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Here, either you can select delete from CRM "False".

If you are deleting decent amount of leads, I would recommend deleting it via smart campaign

In smart list you can say " email address is abc@abc.com and in the flow you will get the option of "delete from sfdc" where you can check it as False

Thanks

Ankit

Carey_Picklesi7
Level 3

I concur with what Veronica Holmes​ says above. If you are going to add field that blocks them from coming back to Marketo, a synctoMarketo field is the best practice. I would also recommend the following steps:

- You'll need a way to alert the sales reps that the record isn't syncing to SFDC. (Consider showing the synctoMarketo=True/Falese or creating a Lead Stage that says "Disqualified. Deleted from Marketo"

- Consider if there are ways that a record would qualify to be changed to sycntoMarketo=True and resync to Marketo. Is it because the sales reps moved them to a life style stage? Job title change? Whatever it would be, you may want to build a workflow in SFDC that changes synctomarketo=true

Lastly, if you delete them from Marketo and they are still in SFDC, if that lead comes back into your system, perhaps via a web form or a list import, you are likely to create a duplicate record in SFDC because the record will appear as a new record to Marketo.

Dhanikh_P
Level 2

Here is something from Marketo product docs, hope this helps.. Delete Person from SFDC - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Rob_Cummerson
Level 2

Hi Edem,

We have had this issue and built a "do not sync" to marketo process. In which we update the lead/Contact in SFDC and then it pushes the update to Marketo, once the "do not sync" box is ticked in Marketo it runs through and process and is deleted. This will not sync back into Marketo as SFDC does not allow it due to the lead/contact being updated.

Happy talk you through our process.