SOLVED

Delete Lead act

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete Lead act

I am trying to set up campaigns to periodically clean out our Marketo database.  I want to remove leads that have an empty email address, as well as those who have unsubscribed.

To do that, do I use Delete Lead?  It says "This permanently removes this lead from your Marketo database." 

Does anyone know the impact of using Delete Lead on Salesforce?  I understand we will need to change our sharing rules in Salesforce so that people without an email address are not synced back into Marketo, but is there any way using Delete Lead could delete something in Salesforce?  

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Delete Lead act

Have you checked out these articles? Delete Lead from SFDC and Delete Lead

If you use Delete Lead, this will remove the lead from your Marketo database.  You can also chose to remove it from your CRM by setting Delete from CRM to True.  An important thing to note is that if you delete the lead in Marketo but not from your CRM, it will sync back if any of the information on the lead record is updated in the CRM. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Have you checked out these articles? Delete Lead from SFDC and Delete Lead

If you use Delete Lead, this will remove the lead from your Marketo database.  You can also chose to remove it from your CRM by setting Delete from CRM to True.  An important thing to note is that if you delete the lead in Marketo but not from your CRM, it will sync back if any of the information on the lead record is updated in the CRM. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is hugely helpful - thank you!