Date Trigger Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Trigger Help

I'm looking for some guidance or assurance that a theory I have in place will work accuratley using a Date field in a Smart Campaign.

The goal of what I am trying to do (or see if it is possible) is:
Be able to load a list once a week or one a month that send a payroll reminder on the day of each records Payroll Date.

Right now my theory is what if I had a Smart Campaign and in that campaign the Smart List was defined as:
A) MEMBER OF LIST = list I am uploading into weekly/monthly, and
B) the Date Field (which would be a filter not trigger - let's call it 'Payroll Date' ) = IN TIME FRAME of TODAY.

The flow would be Send Email

For the Schedule I would set it to be Reoccuring on a Daily basis.

My question is pretty simply is this possible? Would the program be able to read and know that say the first 100 records in the list have Monday's date, the next 100 have Tuesdays date and to only send to the specific people on those dates? So when TODAY is Monday then only the 100 Monday records get the email, and then when TODAY is Tuesday, then only the 100 Tuesday people get the email, etc.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks!
Stacy
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Date Trigger Help

Stacy,

That sounds like it should work.  You would just need to make sure you are importing the date int your Date Field the same way Marketo reads them. Also you would probably want to set it so leads can flow through everytime or once every x days.

You should just test it.  Import a list with 5 test emails and 5 consecutive dates and then set it and see if it sends to each person on the right day that week.

If that doesn't work you may be able to create this with a series of connected Smart Campaigns.

Patrick
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patrick - Thanks for the feedback. I am definitley going to test before sending out and that's a great point about ensuring the Dates are set up in the appropriate format. Ill have to research how Marketo formats them to make sure Im doing it right.

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to round back. I am on day two of my test and so far it is working 100%!

If this works, this is going to be a huge impact on our department in terms of how much assistance we can provide to our thousands of branch operations teams to make them more efficient and save on man hours!

Love it!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear it is working, it is a great idea and I be on the lookout for ways to use something like this at my company.