SOLVED

Date filter for "before 1 year ago"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date filter for "before 1 year ago"

I am looking for a way to use the date filter to say "Created before 1 year ago". Is there a way to systemactially do that? Rather than chose the date of a year ago?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Date filter for "before 1 year ago"

Hey Katie,

You'll need to create an additional Smart list for this purpose.  The smart list will need to say Created at in past one year, and then create an additional smart list with Member of Smart List not in the previous one.  This will generate a list of all leads not created in the past year.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Katie,

You'll need to create an additional Smart list for this purpose.  The smart list will need to say Created at in past one year, and then create an additional smart list with Member of Smart List not in the previous one.  This will generate a list of all leads not created in the past year.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Katie,

You can use the "Created At" filter and change the description to "On or Before". Then pick today's date and roll the year back one. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,
I am looking for a way to do that dynamically, so I wouldn't have to update that filter every day. I am almost looking for a timeframe of "before a year ago." Any thoughts?
Thanks Katie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, understood. Doing this dynamically is a little difficult. Moving forward you can add every Lead to a daily recurring batch campaign that in one year you can change a custom Mkto field, something like "Lead > 1 yr", to true. Then the list will be up to date for any new Leads.

For the past, I haven't come across a clean way to do this. Not saying there isn't one, but I just haven't seen one.

You could create a campaign that changes the value of the custom field I mentioned above on a weekly basis. Add any Lead created within the past year as the smart list, then in the flow steps, any Lead created before 3/12/13 change the value to TRUE, wait 1 week, then any Lead created before 3/19/13 change the value to TRUE. This will take a little time to set up, but once you are done, you won't have to worry about it again if you combine this with the process Imentioned above moving forward.

Pretty clunky, but one way to deal with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you can now do this using the "in past before" date operator. So, Created "in past before" 1 year.