Date based content in engagement (drip) programs?

Ludvig_Brandt
Level 2

Date based content in engagement (drip) programs?

Hi, 

We are currently running a couple of engagement programs for leads as well as existing customers with logic based on their profile (type of customer, time as customer etc). Quite often, my marketing team wants to send date/season related emails such as

• Black Friday offers
  • Xmas specials
  • Summer campaigns
  • Etc...

The list is quite long, and by doing all of these manually as email blasts, it

• messes up the marcom flow for the recipients/members of the engagement programs (i.e. they either get flooded with emails, or they miss out on content)
  • A lot of manual work is put into the marcom even though it should be "automated"

How have you solved this/how do you work with email comms related to dates or seasons?

Any tips and tricks are appreciated!

Ludvig

2 REPLIES 2
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Date based content in engagement (drip) programs?

Since you're already using a nurture campaign, would it work for you to drop these offers into the top of your stream(s)? We've done that a couple times to get a timely message out to our specific nurture groups without stepping on top of the existing nurture.

You can manage availability of the content to make sure it expires past the offer date, too. More here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Edit+Availability+of+Stream+Content 

Ludvig_Brandt
Level 2

Re: Date based content in engagement (drip) programs?

Hi Carrie, 

Thanks for your reply! 

Dropping emails into the top of the streams is definitely an option. Although I am looking for a more automated way, eg. switching streams depending on the season.

Heaps thanks for the 'availability' setting tip, didn't know that one.