SOLVED

Data quality problems

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data quality problems

Hi guys,

My company is a longtime user of Marketo. We are currently looking at re-implementing the way we have things set up and are curious if there is a concept of using multiple databases within Marketo? If not, we are wondering if there is a way to use custom objects to accomplish the same goal.

Our problem:
We have several systems that use the same instance of Marketo. Sometimes, these systems are simultaneously used by those we are marketing to (the end-user). There is potentially a few issues. It is possible for our end-user to enter invalid emails upon the creation of a lead (let's say for example that they enter test@test.com). When another user enters test@test.com, both of our leads get tied to this test@test.com record in Marketo. These are actually not the same user and within Marketo, the two end up getting merged. Also, say that the user enters a valid email and exists in multiple systems. When we sync to Marketo, information that might be relevant to a Campaign in one system could potentially be overridden by a second system. Finally, when a user updates their email address, a new lead gets created within Marketo.

Questions:
1. Is there a concept of having more than one database instance in Marketo to help normalize the data that is being sync'd?
2. Is it possible to leverage Marketo Custom objects to achieve some separation of responsibility between the data for each system?
3. Is it a bad idea (or even possible) to leverage a field other than email address for syncing a lead using their SOAP API? (This would help us resolve the issue of updating email addresses)
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data quality problems

If you do have Enterprise (designed for companies with 1,500 employees +) you will be able to use workspaces and partitions for better organizing your data. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what you are discussing is only for Enterprise customers. Are you an enterprise customer? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe we are. Is there a spot on the site to verify?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

To find out what type of account you have, on the upper right handside, next to History, Admin, Community and Help, there's a menu under your name in green, select about.  it'll show you what your subscription type is. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do have Enterprise (designed for companies with 1,500 employees +) you will be able to use workspaces and partitions for better organizing your data. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked and we do have the enterprise edition. Do you all have any type of tutorials or documentation on how to use workspaces and partitions? Is this something that can be done via the admin tools?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out this article: 
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyx8CAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

This definitely looks like what I'm looking for. My account says I am a 'Marketo Enterprise Customer', but I do not see the option for Workspaces and Partitions. I am an Admin for my organization and under the Admin role, we have all permissions selected. Is this something we'll need to contact support about? Or is there a way to select that we would like to utilize this feature?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

They tend to have a few things turned off by default untill you ask. I had to ask for it a couple years back. And I just noticed it's not turned on in my sandbox last week!
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Phil

Submit a support ticket and ask for Workspaces and Partitions to be switched on. Support will explain to you the pros and cons - you cannot switch workspaces off once it has been switched on.