Data.com clean and SFDC sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data.com clean and SFDC sync

Is anyone using data.com clean?

We're getting ready to launch it, but have been told that data.com will update the Last Mod Date for EVERY record--regardless of whether it actually updates every record--which will trigger SFDC to sync EVERY record every day. 

I am concerned about exceeding the max allowed API calls per day and volume bottlenecks based on the number of leads Marketo can process on an hourly basis.

Has anyone had experience with this? We can't be the only ones...any insight would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data.com clean and SFDC sync

Hi Rhonda -

Here is the issue with Clean. It will update and clean accounts. It will not update leads.

If you want to update leads, you need to purchase the prospector license. That is the one where you pay for each indvidual. Only if the individual exists in the Data.com/Jigsaw database, will the lead record be updated. Regardless if the company exists in the database.

Example, Joe Smith comes in as a lead from Nordstrom. Joe doesn't exist in the Data.com/Jigsaw database, however Nordstrom as an account does. Data.com clean will not update the prospect recrod, but it will update the account.

A bit frustrating.

One of the tools that I've used several times for backend data append is Insideview. It will append all sorts of information to the lead or contact record.

I would seriously consider looking at Insideview for Marketing (they are on launch point too) before moving forward with clean.