Data Clean/Append Vendors - Any recommendations?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Clean/Append Vendors - Any recommendations?

Hi All,

We are new Marketo customers who haven't yet implemented the system yet. We will be migrating our lead database from an old MAT, but we want to do an extensive data clean-up and append to enrich information we don't yet have before bringing into Marketo. We'll also need to look at de-duping our leads too. Having good data on EMEA and APAC companie is important because we do business globally and will need good quality data beyond just Americas (which seems to be table stakes these days).

So far we are looking most actively at RingLead and ReachForce as they were both recommended to us. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience using one of these vendors or others?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Emond7
Level 3

Re: Data Clean/Append Vendors - Any recommendations?

Hi David

Good question - without a fantastic answer. We are a Marketo consultancy that has worked with numerous clients who have used a variety of data providers. Data cleansing/appending is a tough business, so we haven't found anybody who has been entirely satisfied, and for everybody who has been reasonably satisified with one vendor you will find others who are equally dissatisfied. 

That said, in addition to RingLead (who we haven't worked with) and Reachforce (who we have), I would also consider InsideView. While most providers get their data from D&B as a primary source, InsideView uses 40,000 different data sources with algorithms to determine the best data sources for the type of data you are appending (e.g., company financial information - they will use SEC data).

Generally, our experience has been that the best data matches will happen for firmographics amongst mid- and large-sized North American organizations. The match rate for Contact level data and International data is still a WIP for most providers. Good luck!

Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data Clean/Append Vendors - Any recommendations?

David Walker​,

I am a Marketo User and a Marketing Program Manager for Informatica Data as a Service (formerly StrikeIron). I know how challenging it can be to have to work with invalid or incomplete customer and prospect data. Fortunately, we offer both data validation (for email addresses, phone numbers, and physical addresses) as well as data append. Our services are pre-integrated into the Marketo environment and easy to use. For a reference, you can read the eBay/Magento case study here: Magento Improves Email Deliverability and Sender Reputation with Informatica | Informatica Data as a... . They use our service alongside Marketo and are very happy. I am a user as well, and could not be happier with the low email bounce rates, and the ability to segment using the data from append. Let me know if I can be of any further help!

Leyton Prentice

leyton.prentice@informatica.com