custom opportunity fields sync limit?

Anonymous
Not applicable

custom opportunity fields sync limit?

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of custom fields on Opportunity that can be synched to MKTO and if there is a limit to the amount of custom fields on opportunity that can be synched to Revenue Explorer?

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: custom opportunity fields sync limit?

Hi Selene,

There is no limit in the number of opportunity fields that can be sync'ed with Marketo BUT

you will not be able to add opportunity fields to the Marketo schema (and not to the Rev Exp data schema neither) if you are not using SFDC or Dynamics CRM. Adding custom oppy fields to Marketo is only possible when the fields are created in the CRM and mapped to Marketo using the corresponding CRM connector. But it is impossible to add opportunity fields to Marketo schema through the admin, neither it is through the API.

All your custom oppy fields (coming from SFDC or Dynamics) can be sent to RE as dimensions or metrics.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg, to clarify I should have put CRM in my post as I had mean fields from CRM opportunity object synching to MKTO

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Selene,

Yes, I had got this

But the result is the same: no possibility to add custom fields to the OPPY object in Marketo if you are not using one of the 2 standard CRM connectors.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

After further research I have found out that Bedrock's connector can apparently sync custom opportunity fields to Marketo. Marketo Support have to set up the custom fields in advance, but it is possible

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Selene,

That will be good for Marketo, but will it also work for Revenue Explorer?

-Greg