Re: Creating a program status trigger based on an AB test email in the new email program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a program status trigger based on an AB test email in the new email program

Hi,

I want to set up program status triggers based on the actions taken in an email which is a part of an AB test in the new email program, so as the email is getting out there it is updating the program status with open, clicked etc.

However as it is a part of the AB test the email name gets changed in the process to "Whole Emails Test" or "Subject Line Test" and the triggers no longer work.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Bec
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating a program status trigger based on an AB test email in the new email program

You would need to do an activity log to differentiate between the two emails to do any sort of trigger.

In these types of cases I use the random sample function and split my group to test the performance of two emails and trigger off unque links in the emails. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jeffrey, The issue with that is that IT requires you to manually do the ab test yourself, e.g. determine the winner and go in and set up a new campaign for the rest. The new email program was suppot to remove this manual process however it has as a result made it difficult to push results into salesforce without having to do it it after the fact. I have my fingers crossed there is another way or that they will make this an option.
Timothy_Gilbert
Level 2

Hey Bec-

We're having the same issue.  Did you find a solution? Or is this a bug?

Thanks!

Tim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

Yep, I found that if you wait a couple of hours the option to choose "[email name]. Whole emails test" becomes available.

If you are having an issue with the information not getting pushed into salesforce, what you need to do is make sure that the trigger is changing the status in the Marketo Program and the Program is synced to the salesforce campaign via the "Salesforce campaign sync" feature from the Program actions drop down.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers,
Bec
Timothy_Gilbert
Level 2

Thanks Bec,

I guess I just had to be more patient....it took a while, but the email did show up for me as well.

Tim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

No problems at all, I was impatient too and wanted it available instantly!

I think it comes with the job!

Cheers,
Bec