Create a list with certain number of leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a list with certain number of leads

Hi Marketo experts!

I need to send an email to a certain number of leads. It does not really matter what leads, but ideally they should be active or influenced at some point, but what really matters is that this email is sent to the right number of people. Is there a way to create a list with a certain number of people?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Create a list with certain number of leads

A sophisticated yet accurate way would be to use a webhook that is a counter. Each tile the webhook is called, it return a incremented number that you store in a specific lead counter field. Then you select all the leads which lead counter field is below a number.

A less accurate but quicker way is to use a ramdom sample on a smart list which total number you know. If you create a smart list with 10000 leads and you take a 20% sample, you will have 2000 leads.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

For my purposes, I think I will do a random sample from one of my smart lists. When I create this random sample, do I add the "random sample" filter in my smart list, then just delete the filter once this specific email has been sent?

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Maggie,

This thread dives into this topic and has my suggested work-around:

Randomly Sending to a Smaller Subset of a Bigger List

While you're at it, please vote for this idea:

This is what we need to simply accomplish sending to a list of random leads, but allow us to choose the size of the list.