Create a Boolean true/false Custom Field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a Boolean true/false Custom Field

Hey folks! How in the world do I create a custome field with the type "boolean"...you know the, true/false field? It's not list in the drop-down "Custome Field Type" menu.

Do I just use "Checkbox" as the type instead?

Thanks for  your help!
Kimberlee
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Create a Boolean true/false Custom Field

This is correct, Checkbox is what your after.
Remember, if you are passing this to your CRM once collected for your leads, then you need to create the Checkbox custom field there first, then it will come over to Marketo after the next sync.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Edward!

Here's a little more detail on my situation...we just implemented Marketo AND Salesforce. I haven't synced the platforms yet. I was going to create these custom fields in Marketo first and then do the sync. Should I create the custom fields just in Salesforce first? Or do I need to create them in both platforms, do the sync, and then link them together?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, definitely create them in Salesforce first! Then they'll automatically sync through, provided you give the Marketo sync profile that you're using read/write access to those fields.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Do what you need to do first in SFDC. Any new fields your thinking about, do it now. (you can always add more custom fields in SFDC and they will get come over to Marketo automatically on the next Sync).

Creating a new field in Marketo does not create a field in SFDC. Its the other way around. (unless of course you dont need to send the collected data to SFDC, then your fine).

Now that your about to sync the two platforms together, you get the chance to re-map fields that your not happy with from the 'Out of the box' mapping. When your done it can't be undone by an admin in Marketo, will need to get Marketo support to help out. (unless this has changed recently.

Here is the Marketo Lead Management instal by SFDC Edition:

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KywpCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awe! Thanks guys! I really apprecaite your help!