SOLVED

Country/State Fields - Mandatory for State?

Go to solution
Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Country/State Fields - Mandatory for State?

Hi guys

We're using Forms 2.0 and I've added in recently the State field using the visibility rules based on the country field for US, Canada and Australia.

I want to make the state field mandatory for these three countries and this may seem a daft question but by checking the mandatory field for state, will it affect any of the other countries where state is not asked? 

Cheers

Colin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Country/State Fields - Mandatory for State?

Yes it will work even if the field is required.
Marketo must have put that into play when designing Forms 2.0 that fields that are hidden are not required even if they are mandatory and will kick in when visible. 

Just to make sure I tested it again just now and it worked, but try it for yourself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

You need to add the field State to your form and hide it. Then click on Visibility rule in the menu to the right. You will have to edit the rules. For your case, you would do as below:
0EM50000000SHF7.jpg

Hope this helps.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Yes it will work even if the field is required.
Marketo must have put that into play when designing Forms 2.0 that fields that are hidden are not required even if they are mandatory and will kick in when visible. 

Just to make sure I tested it again just now and it worked, but try it for yourself.
Colin_Ryder
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Thanks guys

I was hoping that would be the answer.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Adding a point to discussion, as the State is conditionally visible, it would not be visible if the condition for it's visibility is not met. However, this will not let you capture the states for other countries - as the field won't get displayed. But, as Edward said, it'll work even if it's marked as required.