Contact not updating after form fill

Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

Contact not updating after form fill

Hi all,

I have a form set up on a landing page, when someone who is a new lead they are automatically put in the system. We tested the form with some one who is already a lead in Marketo and they are not showing up in the results after they have been added to the results of the campaign.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Contact not updating after form fill

Hi Jeffrey,

i am not sure i understand the process here. Can you paste screen shot of the smart campaign triggers and flow that you are using ?

Greg

Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

Sorry, I put "campaign" I meant smartlist. I have the "Filled Out Form" filter on the list and it has the correct form selected with the date on or after 9/10/2018.

Here is the interesting when I look at the leads activity log there is no recording of the person filling out the form.

Jeff

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Are you using workspaces and partitions?

one of the possible explanations is that the lead you are looking for is in another partition, not accessible from the workspace you set your smart list in. In this case, Marketo deduplicates on form fillout, but the lead is not visible in the smart list.

-Greg

Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

The email address is in the partition under the database.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Is the form ina Marketo LP or embedded ?

Sorry to ask for obvious questions, but are you fully sure that the form did fill out down to the end ?This can be confirmed if the page redirection after the form fill out occurs correctly.

other question: what does the activity log of the lead show ? Can you display a screenshot here ?

Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

partition / workspaces issues would be the most frequent reason for the behavior your getting...