Contact IDSFDC Can I get this accurately out of Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact IDSFDC Can I get this accurately out of Marketo?

Hello,

I need to be able to get the accurate Contact ID our of Salesforce on my Marketo records. Right now I've got a process where I pull a list of prospects for call down campaigns that a third party does work on, scrubs, and reuploads back into SFDC. I would like to be able to pull this list from Marketo but I need something that would assist in accurately pushing back those contacts into SFDC.

Is there a way to get the Contact Id?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contact IDSFDC Can I get this accurately out of Marketo?

Hi Tyler,

The SDFC Id field is on the Lead info tab.
If a lead or a contact is in sync with SFDC then this field will be populated with the corresponding ID from the lead or contact in SFDC.

This field can be included in the view of your Marketo smart list or static list which can then be exported.

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cathal. I noticed that Marketo is appending three characters to the ID. Why is that?

For example

Marketo: 0034000000zRN8jAAG
SFDC:  0034000000zRN8j

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's to do with case sensitivity. The SFDC api always uses the 18 digit version. The SFDC UI generally uses the 15 digit version. If you want to know more there are tons of web pages that try to explain it, just google SFDC ID 15 18. http://astadiaemea.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/15-or-18-character-ids-in-salesforce-com-%E2%80%93-do-you-know-how-useful-unique-ids-are-to-your-development-effort/ There are also sites and plugins that will do the conversion for you if ever required.