SOLVED

Communication limit

Go to solution
Yuvraj_Chavan
Level 2

Communication limit

If

1) I have two leads with the same email address (duplicate lead).  = abc@test.com

2)Communication limit= 1 per day and 3 in a week.

3) if I have sent one email to abc@test.com.

how many emails will deliver to abc.gmail.com? 1 or 2?

how many emails can I send to that email address in this week? 1 or 2? (as per the Communication limit rule)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Communication limit

It's first necessary to understand how Marketo determines the active record when duplicates exist.  See this post for more detail: Re: If duplicate leads are an issue, be aware of how Marketo determines which lead is active

When dealing with communication limits, the limits are applied to individual records - not per email address.  So assuming you send emails in batch, Marketo will only send to one of the email addresses and will consider the lead record that is the oldest (the one created first) as the active record.  Unless you're using some advanced filters to only pull in the alternate/duplicate lead record, then based on this, you're assured that abc@test.com will only receive 1 email per day and 3 max, over a 7 day period.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's first necessary to understand how Marketo determines the active record when duplicates exist.  See this post for more detail: Re: If duplicate leads are an issue, be aware of how Marketo determines which lead is active

When dealing with communication limits, the limits are applied to individual records - not per email address.  So assuming you send emails in batch, Marketo will only send to one of the email addresses and will consider the lead record that is the oldest (the one created first) as the active record.  Unless you're using some advanced filters to only pull in the alternate/duplicate lead record, then based on this, you're assured that abc@test.com will only receive 1 email per day and 3 max, over a 7 day period.

Yuvraj_Chavan
Level 2

Thanks, Dan Stevens