Hello again Marketing Nation,
Quick question regarding cloning an instance.
I have been previously informed by Marketo Support, that it's not possible to clone a production instance that is synced to Microsoft Dynamics, to a sandbox.
They mentioned this as one of the requirements in order to be able to clone a production instance:
“2)Source instance should only have SFDC as its CRM and not Microsoft Dynamics Please note if you sync with Microsoft Dynamics, then cloning is not possible at all.”
- Can this really be the case?
- So, if you have a production instance, that is currently synced with Microsoft Dynamics, it is not possible to clone it to a sandbox?
- Is there any workaround?
Any input would be much appreciated!
I doubt if that is the case.
You can request Marketo to get you a full copy sandbox Marketo instance and you can connect it with you MSD CRM (dev/sandbox version)
I got the following from Marketo Support:
To copy the instance below criteria should match [...]:
1) Destination instance should not have any asset (landing page, forms) present in it.
2) Source instance should only have SFDC as its CRM and not Microsoft Dynamics
3) Destination should not have any lead present in database (not even anonymous leads)
And our CSM has confirmed this to be the case.