SOLVED

Clicks Link or Clicked Link in Email - triggers & filters

Go to solution
Colby_Dix
Level 5

Clicks Link or Clicked Link in Email - triggers & filters

So I'm hoping to clarify this...

I want to send out a response email to everyone who clicked a link in a previous email. So I set up a new smart list but was wondering if I could just used the 'Clicks Link in Email' trigger to accomplish this, or if I need to go with 'Opens Email' and add the filter 'Clicked Link in Email' set to 'On or After' the date of sending.

Basically, if I just use the tirgger, will it only apply to people clicking from today forward or will it apply to those who have gone before?

Thanks!
ooooh shiny.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Clicks Link or Clicked Link in Email - triggers & filters

Hey Colby, as you said, a trigger will only affect people from the point at which you activate the campaign, and forward. Anyone who did the action in the past will require a batch campaign with filters (and no triggers). If there's a chance that someone will be clicking the email in the future, you will want to have both the batch and triggered campaigns set up... Batch to catch anyone who already did it, and triggered to catch anyone who does it in the future.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Clicks Link or Clicked Link in Email - triggers & filters

Hey Colby, as you said, a trigger will only affect people from the point at which you activate the campaign, and forward. Anyone who did the action in the past will require a batch campaign with filters (and no triggers). If there's a chance that someone will be clicking the email in the future, you will want to have both the batch and triggered campaigns set up... Batch to catch anyone who already did it, and triggered to catch anyone who does it in the future.