SOLVED

Click Link to Landing Page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click Link to Landing Page

I want to be able to add people to a list if they have clicked a link in and email that goes to a Marketo Landing Page. I'm trying to build a smart Campaign:
  • Smart List: Clicks Link is (landing page - http://leads....)
  • Flow: Add to List ____
I keep getting a message that says Invalid value for link name. I've tried the clicks link and clicked link in email trigger and filter, and I keep getting the same message. Do I have to do something so that the landign page URL is recognized as a link?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Click Link to Landing Page

Is the landing page where the link resides a Marketo landing page? If so, you would reference the asset name, not the actual URL. As far as the link name, if it is a Marketo landing page then you should be able to grab it off the asset. 

If the link resides on a non-Mkto landing page, then you may want to change your approach. You can use the "Visits Web Page" filter and utilize the "Referrer" constraint. I have not had much experience with this, but another approach you can try. 

But if the link resides on your website, regardless of whether it is a Mkto landing page or not, you should be able to search for the link. I have had issues in the past copying and pasting links. I usually try to search for it. Can take a bit depending on the amount of links you have, but it usually gets there.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

There is a filter called "Click Link" that should work. You enter the link, then use the Constraint "Web Page" and add the landing page where the link resides. That should create the smart list you are looking for.
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 questions.
  1. What do I put in the Link Name is:
  2. When I paste my landing page URL into the Web Page is: ___ constraint, I'm still getting the "invalid value" message.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the landing page where the link resides a Marketo landing page? If so, you would reference the asset name, not the actual URL. As far as the link name, if it is a Marketo landing page then you should be able to grab it off the asset. 

If the link resides on a non-Mkto landing page, then you may want to change your approach. You can use the "Visits Web Page" filter and utilize the "Referrer" constraint. I have not had much experience with this, but another approach you can try. 

But if the link resides on your website, regardless of whether it is a Mkto landing page or not, you should be able to search for the link. I have had issues in the past copying and pasting links. I usually try to search for it. Can take a bit depending on the amount of links you have, but it usually gets there.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it!! Had to refresh. Thanks!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, and your smart list to do so has the "Clicks link in Email" trigger, right? I just want to make sure I understand what is going on:
- You send the email with a link in it that will take the Lead to a Thank You landing page, which is a Mkto landing page.

I see that email is built, but not approved. Try approving it first then searching for the link in the "Clicks Link in Email" trigger. If you are referencing the link from the email, then the link should be available for selection. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even I had a similar issue and a Refresh solved it. Seems to be an issue with some backend update.

Especially, I have noticed this issue on the following scenario (but not able to reproduce :()

Setting the smart campaign flow immediately after editing the landing page on a different tab of the same browser.

Thanks,
Sk