Re: Check type of mail (Gmail, outlook etc)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check type of mail (Gmail, outlook etc)

Hello,

is there a way to track the mail type of a person who opens the email in an email blast campaign?

thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Nadia,

Email insights will give you some detail on device, OS, etc, but won't drill down to the client level.

Many of us use Litmus's analytics features​ to source this data (I do). Litmus is a subscription product but personally I couldn't recommend it more highly for email testing + more detailed analytics.

Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nadia, I echo Grace's suggestion from above. Not necessarily related to the email client, but related to additional user insights - if you use either the 'opened email' or 'clicked link in email' filter within a smart list, you have the ability to filter more granularly with constraints.

These are the constraints that I find useful when building/designing emails:

• Is Mobile Device (T/F)
  • Device
  • Platform

I hope that helps!

Loren

Ayush_Aggarwal1
Level 2

Hey Loren,

Yes, that's helpful. But I want to understand on how can I get the list of the devices, platform, as when I am trying the drop down feature against those constraints, I am getting nothing. Can you please guide on how can I get the full list of devices, platform etc?

Regards,

Ayush Aggarwal

Loren_Posendek

Hi Ayush Aggarwal​! The available device/platform values will populate in the constraint when you click on the down arrow. I've included a screenshot below. Then, you can filter the results as you'd like.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 4.40.40 PM.png

Ayush_Aggarwal1
Level 2

Thank you Loren! I am surprised, why am I not getting the full list on clicking the down arrow? Can you also share the screenshot for the Device values?

Loren_Posendek

Ayush Aggarwal​ If you're not seeing any values, I'd reach out to Marketo support to ensure it's tracking the devices/platforms properly. The screenshot below is from our instance, so may not be relevant to your instance exactly, but may help.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.37.20 AM.png