Changing program member status through API/SOAP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing program member status through API/SOAP

We've set up a campaign and program with custom status member status entries (Signed up, taken quiz, etc.). We are associating leads with campaigns through the API successfully but also need to set the member status as well. Is there any way of accomplishing this through API/calls?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing program member status through API/SOAP

Have you looked at the Request Campaign API call? You can use that to trigger a campaign to fire, but you'd need to make that campaign in the UI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply, it's appreciated!

The campaign has been created within the UI, but we need to change the member status to a specific value through the API.

An example, I have a non-Marketo form that asks the usual lead questions and two pull-down supported choices. Based on pull-down one's answer, I can apply the right campaign to associate to with the API (no problem), on the other pulldown we ask a question like "When can we contact you?", based on their answer - we'd like to set the member status for that campaign to a specific value like "Contact - now" or "Contact - future". These values were pre-set up when we created the campaign, but I need to set to a specific value through API calls.

What would be the API call for this need? Request Campaign API?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.

I'm not completely sure, but you may be able to use a My Token in the flow step and populate it via the Request Campaign API call. The only question is whether or not My Tokens can be used in the Change Progression Status flow step.

Alternatively, I'm almost certain you can set the value in a field via request campaign and trigger off of that.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Exapanding on what Erik said, you can use the Request Campaign call to accomplish this, but it gets a little bit complicated.  You'll need to set a My Token in the call to a value representing the program status you want.  Then in the flow of the requested campaign, you'll need a change Data Value step, to set a custom field to your My Token value, and then have a "Change Program Status" flow step with choices which will set the program status based on the value of the field that you just set.