Changing Marketo integration with Salesforce from one org to another

Rhonda_Ross
Level 3

Changing Marketo integration with Salesforce from one org to another

Has anyone had the need to change the integration between Marketo and Salesforce from one Salesforce org to another?  I'm working with a company that has recently acquired another company.  Both companies are Salesforce users, but only one of them is a Marketo customer.  The Salesforce org currently that is the Marketo customer will be merging into the other one (at least that is the current plan).  What are some of the things to be aware of in this scenario?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing Marketo integration with Salesforce from one org to another

Unless I'm mistaken... Marketo can only be synced with one instance of a CRM ever. Period. So if you want to sync to the new SFDC account you'll need a new instance of Marketo.  
Rhonda_Ross
Level 3

I read this article that mentions that you can now contact support to have them unlock a Sandbox org that Marketo is sync'd with (which wasn't previously possible), so I'm assuming that this can now be done with Production orgs as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In some previous experiences, I was originally told the same, that it can not be done.  If you stick with the issue, there is an engineering ability to make the change, albeit, not an easy one to do.  If it is an absolute necessity, I would suggest taking the issue to Marketo Support directly.

-Rodney
Rhonda_Ross
Level 3

I have been in contact with Marketo Support and they have confirmed that it can be done.  If anyone has actually done it, I would love to hear about your experience.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rhonda, we're in a similar situation right now. Were you able to go the sandbox route? Thanks for the help!