SOLVED

Change "send winner" schedule time one test has ran?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change "send winner" schedule time one test has ran?

I've approved a A/B test email send program, the test went out this AM and the winner email is supposed to go out tomorrow AM. Unfortunately I've selected the PM instead of the AM for the send winner time. Is there a way to alter the send winner time if the program is currently approved and running? Thanks! 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Change "send winner" schedule time one test has ran?

If support was sure about their answer, I guess I'd go with that. Maybe call back and ask another person, though? 🙂 I've gotten different answers depending on who I spoke with in support.

I was basing my answer off of a thread from a couple weeks ago that I'm struggling to find now... I was in the middle of an email program send where I sort of didn't want the champion to go, but I decided to just let it go as scheduled, and I never pursued it further. 

BUT!!! Just thinking about this. If you have communication limits set to 1 email per day, and you kept the settings of the email program to block non-operational emails if the daily communication limit was reached, you can beat the system by sending your email tomorrow morning to anyone who didn't receive the email test already. Then, when the test completes, they won't be sent the champion email in the PM since they already hit their daily communication limit in the AM. I'd also unapprove the test, but I don't have complete faith in that -- like you said. I do, however, trust the communication limits.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Vikki, unfortunately this cannot be updated. If you contact Marketo support, they may be able to cancel the send and then you can schedule a new send to anyone who didn't receive the email yet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory! 
I contacted support and they told me to unapprove the program, change the send winner time, then reapprove. I'm a little hesitatnt to do so since I feel like the A/B test will not truly be "complete" until the scheduled send winner time...any thoghts? Thanks! 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If support was sure about their answer, I guess I'd go with that. Maybe call back and ask another person, though? 🙂 I've gotten different answers depending on who I spoke with in support.

I was basing my answer off of a thread from a couple weeks ago that I'm struggling to find now... I was in the middle of an email program send where I sort of didn't want the champion to go, but I decided to just let it go as scheduled, and I never pursued it further. 

BUT!!! Just thinking about this. If you have communication limits set to 1 email per day, and you kept the settings of the email program to block non-operational emails if the daily communication limit was reached, you can beat the system by sending your email tomorrow morning to anyone who didn't receive the email test already. Then, when the test completes, they won't be sent the champion email in the PM since they already hit their daily communication limit in the AM. I'd also unapprove the test, but I don't have complete faith in that -- like you said. I do, however, trust the communication limits.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Vikki - also, don't forget to exclude people who already received your emails! If you unapprove, make the change, and reapprove, part of your audience may receive the same email twice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Intersting discussion.
I wanted to do the same, dissaprove the email campaign, change the sent out winner date, reapprove, but nothing seems to kicked in at the due date.
@Marketo, it would be great to have more info type FAQ (maybe it is somewhere) for email programs