SOLVED

Change field from free field to drop down

Go to solution
Marit_Rossing
Level 3

Change field from free field to drop down

Hi all, 

I have a question on field management of lead data. 

Currently we have certain fiels that can be filled in freely (although we have internal 'rules' you can only fill in certain values), but it would be so much easier (and our lead quality will improve) if people can pick from a drop down menu. I am wondering if it is possible to change this free field to a drop down field? If we try this in fieldmanagement and change the type, it says we cannot change it because it is in use. Is there a work around? 

Thank you. 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Change field from free field to drop down

You can change the type of a field at the Form level. Just select the field and change the type to "Select" and define the values. You can't change it in Field Management if it's being used.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marit,

How is the field getting populated? Are users populating it in Marketo or is it populated elsewhere (CRM/forms)?

You cant' change a field type when it is in use I'm afraif. But even if it could I don't think it would help you in this case. Marketo doesn't have the option to create a picklist field in field management.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

You can change the type of a field at the Form level. Just select the field and change the type to "Select" and define the values. You can't change it in Field Management if it's being used.

Hope this helps!
Marit_Rossing
Level 3

Thanks for your answers 🙂

The field is populating in Marketo. But the field is indeed in use, so there is unfortunuallly no way to change it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the field is in sync with SFDC then make sure that it is a picklist in sfdc and it will also be a picklist in the Marketo UI.