SOLVED

Change Data Value: Lead Created Date - in time frame

Go to solution
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Change Data Value: Lead Created Date - in time frame

So when I initially set up campaigns to set our Lead Source, I wanted Lead Source to be updated only if the lead was created today (we had some data quality issues that we were working through with Lead Source, so I only wanted to update those that were actually new and not just empty)... When I looked at the campaign today, I noticed it wasn't populating lead source for leads that were acquired by a campaign, which definitely should have been populated!

Upon further review, it looks like the options for the timeframe of Lead Created Date have changed since my original setup, and these steps in my campaign are being skipped.

0EM50000000S6pX.jpg

I guess this is a little bit of a rant, a little bit of a warning, and also a question to Marketo... is this something that you guys knew about? And is there a better way of telling people that this won't work? I now have to go back through all of our recent campaigns and assign a lead source and lead source detail which is unnecessary work!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Change Data Value: Lead Created Date - in time frame

Grant, it looks like it's working in campaigns where the information comes over from SFDC (filled out form somewhere on our site that doesn't use Marketo forms) and the lead was created today, but not in campaigns where they were new to the system and filled out a Marketo form. Doesn't make much sense to me...

I've updated our programs to change the Lead Source if the Acquisiton Program is (name), since a static date won't work for us. 

But I'm still a little bit frustrated that the criteria options can change and we might never know! Plus, that was a very useful thing to be able to do a time frame for something like "Lead Created Date".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow - I didn't even notice that the criteria options were changed!

So are you saying that you had a campaign that had "in time frame" in the criteria, and then it just stopped working because "in time frame" was no longer one of the options?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Grant, it looks like it's working in campaigns where the information comes over from SFDC (filled out form somewhere on our site that doesn't use Marketo forms) and the lead was created today, but not in campaigns where they were new to the system and filled out a Marketo form. Doesn't make much sense to me...

I've updated our programs to change the Lead Source if the Acquisiton Program is (name), since a static date won't work for us. 

But I'm still a little bit frustrated that the criteria options can change and we might never know! Plus, that was a very useful thing to be able to do a time frame for something like "Lead Created Date".