SOLVED

Re: Cancelling a run of a campaign

Go to solution
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Cancelling a run of a campaign

I have an auto campaign set up that sends one email every other week (there are 5 total emails) . If I cancel the next scheduled run, will the people scheduled to receive an email at that time receive it at the next run instead? Or will they never receive the email they were supposed to get that day?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You actually can't really cancel it the way you've built it. So, every lead that has ever flowed through the campaign earlier is in a wait step. Even if you were to never run this campaign again, those leads would continue to make their way through it.

The recurring part of the campaign starts new leads at the top of the process, which they'll work their way through. You'll have leads at various stages of the flow, so editing a wait step probably isn't a good idea either as people will be in multiple places.

This sort of thing is why we built the new Engagement Module, so people could eaisly pause the flow.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be clear, is this a single batch campaign with five emails and wait steps, or something else? Can you post a screenshot? the answer depends on how you've set it up.
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

It runs weekly based on new leads imported, and they receive 5 emails with waits in between!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Devan,

If the emails are all contained within one campaign, I have been told in the past the only way to stop this is delete the rest of the flow steps in the campaign. If you set it up so that the campaign fires once every other week (opposed to one campaign with wait steps), you can cancel one send without disrupting future sends. 

But if there are some who need to stay in the campaign and only a select few that you would like to remove, you can always create a smart list to find the ones you would like to remove and then "Remove from Flow." That is another option. Like Erik said, it all depends on how you have it set up and what you are trying to achieve.
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

I don't want to stop the campaign entirely.... we are sending out a different, large blast on the same day and want to "pause" the campaign and have it continue the next week so that people aren't getting multiple emails on the same day. However, I don't want them to "skip" the email of that day, I just want it postponed until the next week....does that clarify??
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain what that Campaign looks like? Maybe with some screenshots?
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Perhaps you can add another wait step for 1 week before the wait step that delivers the email that you want to pause. 
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

It automatically sends to new leads in our system with certain criteria, so not everyone is at the same step, so I can't just add more wait time in. I am wondering if I cancel the next "run" will it push whatever email was supposed to go to them to the next week? Or will they just not receive that email at all??

0EM50000000QeuG.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think that Michelle's idea would work, but I was told that you really shouldn't touch the structure of flow steps once the campaign has been initiated. If you have time, I would test a flow out and use Michelle's suggestion. But I agree with Erik, screenshots would help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You actually can't really cancel it the way you've built it. So, every lead that has ever flowed through the campaign earlier is in a wait step. Even if you were to never run this campaign again, those leads would continue to make their way through it.

The recurring part of the campaign starts new leads at the top of the process, which they'll work their way through. You'll have leads at various stages of the flow, so editing a wait step probably isn't a good idea either as people will be in multiple places.

This sort of thing is why we built the new Engagement Module, so people could eaisly pause the flow.