Can you trigger Webex registration through SOAP API?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you trigger Webex registration through SOAP API?

We are attempting to integrate our internal event system with Marketo and to use the Marketo/Webex integration to push registrations from Marketo to Webex.

It appears from the documentation that the change in progression status to 'registered' is what triggers Marketo to push the registration info to Webex.  I have two questions related to this:

1) Does it matter what caused the change in progression status, ie. can it be from a SOAP API call?

and 2) Does the channel have to be the builtin webinar channel or will any channel with the required statuses work?

Thanks
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you trigger Webex registration through SOAP API?

You can use the RequestCampaign SOAP API call  to add one or more existing Marketo Leads to a Marketo Program/Campaign.  The Program/Campaign will register the Lead to the WebEx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you trigger Webex registration through SOAP API?

I am going to answer my own questions.

1) Changes in progression status triggered by a SOAP API call work fine, and push the registration to WebEx

2) The channel does not have to be the builtin webinar channel to work with WebEx integration.  As long as the channel has a 'Registered' status it seems to work.