SOLVED

Re: Can you have a trigger AND filters in one Smart Campaign?

Go to solution
Xara_Gobhai
Level 2

Can you have a trigger AND filters in one Smart Campaign?

Hi all,

This might be a really stupid question but I'm hoping that someone can confirm that you cannot have a trigger and a filter in the same Smart Campaign, right?

My example is such:  for all our events, leads can move through our campaign flow via static List upload in Marketo or direct entry in SFDC by Sales. So ideally I'd like each flow step to have the following:

pastedImage_0.png

Where the trigger could be a status change in SFDC OR merely that they appear in the campaign in SFDC OR that they get uploaded to a List in the campaign.

I'm feeling like if I want to cover all my bases I would have to set up 2 different campaigns for each step:

• 1 trigger campaign for the SFDC status change trigger
  • and then another filter batch campaign for the addition to a static list, either in SFDC or Marketo

If anyone could confirm for me, I would really appreciate it!

Thanx!

Xara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Vlada,

Triggers are not part of the Advanced Logic.  Only filters are counted.

Triggers will always be OR operators, and the filters will only be evaluated when the trigger fires.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

NOTE: you should post these types of questions in the "Products & Support > Discussions" area to get better visibility.

Yes, you can mix both triggers and filters in the smart list of a smart campaign.  We do it all of the time (see example below where we have a smart campaign used for both contact-us form submissions and those rare instances where we need to manually import a contact-us request into the program).  Just know that the trigger must be true in order for it to evaluate the filters.  And if you have multiple triggers, the logic will be T1 or T2 or T3, etc.  You can even use advanced filter logic once you have 3 or more filters.

pastedImage_0.png

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

i have a similar question - can i mix this with advanced smart list filter logic?

for example:

Capture.PNG

will this still work in my case?

or it should be trigger + ALL fields?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Vlada,

Triggers are not part of the Advanced Logic.  Only filters are counted.

Triggers will always be OR operators, and the filters will only be evaluated when the trigger fires.

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Thanks, John!

so, it won't work if i leave it like this, will it?

looks like i have to set up 3 separate flows((

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Are they counted as "OR" even with an "ALL" filter?

For example:

1 trigger

3 batch filters

We have a Smart Campaign running, and I could have sworn it's the trigger OR all 3 batch filters. Tried a few scenarios, and it seems the trigger itself is not working, but when the criteria for the 3 batch filters matches + trigger, the campaign runs.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Without any advanced logic, the default is trigger and (filter 1) and (filter 2) and (filter 3)

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Is there a way to do (trigger1 and filter1) OR (trigger2 and filter2)?

As in:

Trigger: Data Value Changes in Field A to Value B

AND Product Interest = C

OR

Trigger: Person is created

AND Field A = B

Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Triggers are activities - one way to grasp is one of the activities qualifies at a given instant - fills out form (activity) - as opposed to filters, which is kind of a property/criteria of the record - "filled out form" - defining what the existing database. So at a time, it will be either the trigger "Person is created" applicable, or "Data Value Changes" - in this case, for example, Person is created, and Data value changes cannot fire at a same time for the same lead record.

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

Hello, I'm not sure how to test this but I want to send two different emails based on their response to the form. Is this the correct setup?

pastedImage_1.png