Can you edit an A/B test once it has strated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you edit an A/B test once it has strated?

I have a subject line test running on 10% of my list with the winning subject line going out to the remaining 90% tomorrow. I want to edit the winning criteria and restart the test with a new 10%.

Can I edit the test after it has started or can I shut it down and start from scratch?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you edit an A/B test once it has strated?

Hi Terry,

Hopefully you were able to find a solution to this since your post was from 2 days ago. Can you perhaps provide some clarification? Are you running multiple campaigns for your A/B testing or just one smart campaign?

In the future, I would create two campaigns for the A/B test. Then, I would create a third one for the winning subject line, filtering out those who have already received the emails. Does that help?

-Kristine
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you edit an A/B test once it has strated?

It is actually an A/B test inside an email program, not a smart campaign.  I know the way you are suggesting, that’s how I use to setup our A/B tests. Doing it inside the email program is easier but it appears that once you go live with it, it has to run its course.  Which is a bummer because we realized the test was faulty and need to be adjusted/restarted.

It would also be cool if you could do multiple weighted winning criteria.  For example, the winner for a subject line test could be based on opens and clicks. Where opens with clicks are worth more than an open with no click.