SOLVED

Can you create an email template to be sent to individual recipients as needed?

Go to solution
Cayce_Armstrong
Level 4

Can you create an email template to be sent to individual recipients as needed?

The sales manager at my company wants to know if it's possible to create a few email templates in Marketo that our sales team can log in and use to send one-off emails to individual recipients as needed. I don't know of a simple way to do this that wouldn't require a good amount of training to our sales team members, who do not currently use Marketo. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Cayce Armstrong
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cayce_Armstrong
Level 4

Re: Can you create an email template to be sent to individual recipients as needed?

Thank you for your response, Gregoire! Unfortunately, while we do have Marketo Sales Insights, we use NetSuite for our CRM and I don't believe the email feature works with NetSuite. Our company doesn't use Outlook so that solution won't work for us either. If those are the only two ways to allow our sales team to send one off emails on an as-needed basis, it looks like we are out of luck (unless we switch to Salesforce or start using Outlook).

I appreciate your help!

Cayce Armstrong

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Can you create an email template to be sent to individual recipients as needed?

Hi Cayce,

This is one of the purpose of Marketo sales insight. You can create some email in Marketo (and not email templates) and publish them to Marketo Sales Insight.

Then any user with an MSI license (either in the CRM in Outlook) will be able to use these pre-packaged emails to send them to one of their contacts.

The emails can be edited by the sales prior to sending.

-Greg

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Grégoire,

Does the Outlook plugin pull MSI published emails directly into outlook?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes it does.  Which can be an issue based on the number of emails published to MSI.  As you probably know, the MSI interface is very simplistic in that there's no filtering, ordering, etc. of the emails.  For a large global organization, this can become unwieldy for the sales teams.  Which is why I created this idea about 3 years ago:

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Thanks for the info Dan, Just voted it up.

Cayce_Armstrong
Level 4

Thank you for your response, Gregoire! Unfortunately, while we do have Marketo Sales Insights, we use NetSuite for our CRM and I don't believe the email feature works with NetSuite. Our company doesn't use Outlook so that solution won't work for us either. If those are the only two ways to allow our sales team to send one off emails on an as-needed basis, it looks like we are out of luck (unless we switch to Salesforce or start using Outlook).

I appreciate your help!

Cayce Armstrong
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Cayce,

then the last possibility is to set a series of fields in your CRM: one to select a template, another one to enter specific text. Then sync these fields with Marketo. In Marketo, setup a Data Value Changes trigger campaign that detect any change to the first field and send the related email, using the second field as a token to set the email text.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Another possibility : looks into ToutApp, the product that was just bought by Marketo...

-Greg

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Good shout Grégoire Michel​. The company I'm with now use tout app.  The sales team have a number of email templates and nurture campaigns set up in it.  When they speak with a lead or contact they can just select the email or nurture they want directly from Salesforce.  It's super easy.  The only thing I would say is that if you are looking at another plugin you will need to make sure that you are populating and feeding the unsubscribe information across all platforms.  If someone unsubscribes from Marketo you need to make sure that feeds into Salesforce and across to ToutApp so that Sales cant then add them to a campaign and visa versa.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hopefully, ToutApp and Marketo will likely be integrated soon and the key info will from from one to another...

-Greg