SOLVED

can you change lead owner based on company name

Go to solution
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

can you change lead owner based on company name

I want to be able to change the lead owner based on the company name.  Our telemarketers are assigned leads by company name.  From A to M is telermarketer #1 and from N to Z is telemarketer #2.  The customers do exist in salesforce already and they were assigned the lead owner either from when the sync happened or when they filled out a Marketo form, and the lead owner is then changed to the Marketo user.  

How do I change the lead owner the smart way if it's based on the company name that starts from A to M, change the lead owner to telermarketer #'s name?  Would this create a duplicate record in salesforce if they already exist there?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can you change lead owner based on company name

Unless I'm oversimplfying it, this should work:

0EM50000000QuHa.jpg

Use the Smart List portion of the campaign to identify the leads you want to change.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless I'm oversimplfying it, this should work:

0EM50000000QuHa.jpg

Use the Smart List portion of the campaign to identify the leads you want to change.

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Jason!  I'll try your suggestion and test on my own and see what happens to one contact if I change the lead owner.  I just want to avoid creating a double record in SFDC. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle, we use exactly this technique to assign / change lead owners in Marketo, but we have to use the first two letters of the company name to get an even distribution among our reps. Don't forget to include numbers and special characters or at least have an owner assigned as the Default choice in case you don't cover everything in your Choices.  Be sure to disable the Lead Assignment Rule in SFDC.  Also, occasionally the Change Owner flow action fails when it is also creating a lead (usually during large list imports).  The lead is actually created with Marketo Synch as the owner, but then it's like Marketo tries to create the lead again with the owner, but our DupeCatcher app prevents it because there a lead with that email address already exists.  I submitted a case to tech support about this and they are investigating.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thank you both so much for your import.  It works well and I will watch out for what you mentioned above Elliott.