Can we enable communication limits to an individual lead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we enable communication limits to an individual lead?

I understand we can enable communications for all programs and smart campaigns but can we drill that down to an individual lead. 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can we enable communication limits to an individual lead?

Sure. Run a smart list that matches:

1.Email address IS: Whatever your email address of lead(s) is.

and

2. Email is Dilivered (or opened) Email: Is ANY (add constraint) (# of times) 

Flow would of course be to unsubscribe or decrease score *wait a few days* and then remove from that list or increase score again. 

Just my first thought. But like you said. You can of course do this on a global level in your admin setting under Communication Limits.

Hope that helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can mimic Communication Limits in the way that Stephen mentioned. You can not use the out-of-the-box Marketo "Communication Limits" function per lead, it only works per Smart Campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Debra,

Before communications limits was a feature, I had set it up for a client where I had created a "Emails sent in past 30 days" field which had a type of "score." When they received a non-operational email, add 1 to that score, wait 30 days, subtract 1 from that score. If that score field hit 5+, another campaign set Marketing Suspended to true, and if it dropped to 4 or less, set Marketing Suspended back to false (I would use that field instead of Unsubscribed).

Might be another option, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

- Dan Reed