SOLVED

Can Smart Campaigns re-evaluate a lead repeatedly?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Smart Campaigns re-evaluate a lead repeatedly?

Hello,

I'm wondering whether it's possible to have a smart campaign in Marketo continously re-evaluate a lead against certain conditions for a period of time.

example:

if a@a.com is in a smart campaign and the smart campaign checks to see whether the lead has clicked on an email, then if a@a.com has not clicked on the email, I would want the smart campaign to continuously check whether he has clicked on the email so that an action is committed - eg: notification email sent, as soon as he has clicked on email.

I know that you can re-run the campaign on a daily, weekly basis but i'm looking to continously recheck for a condition.

If this is not possible through smart campaigns, is there any other way to do this in marketo?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Can Smart Campaigns re-evaluate a lead repeatedly?

I think you're looking for triggers.  In your example, you would use a Clicks Link in Email trigger to listen for the click action, and then send out an alert when it happens.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I think you're looking for triggers.  In your example, you would use a Clicks Link in Email trigger to listen for the click action, and then send out an alert when it happens.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hy Tarek,

As kenny suggests you need to investigate the difference between a batch campaign (that you could SCHEDULE to run every day) and a trigger campaign that  you would ACTIVATE and that sits waiting for an even to occur, such as someone clicking in an email.

In your case, the "clicks link in email" trigger would do the trick.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny and Gregorie,

I guess what confused me was to think that the campaign would evaluate the leads against the trigger only once - when the campaign is activated, and then only for any scheduled occurrences - eg: once a day.

I did not know that should a@a.com be in the smart cmapaign when it was first activated, then he would continuously be evaluated against the trigger so long as the campaign is running.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tarek,

In fact this depends on how yo set the Smart Campaigns Settings (in the schedule tab of the smart campaign). You can decide that each lead can go through the flow only once, or every time the event (click link in email) occurs or no more than a certain number of times per hour, per day or per week.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

makes sense, thanks Greg!!