Can Salesforce Cases Be Used As Triggers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Salesforce Cases Be Used As Triggers

Please Help. This maybe an easy question to answer but I cannot find anything on how to implement this. 

Currently, we are using salesforce to send out emails based on cases being created. Ideally, we want to duplicate the process in Marketo so the Account is placed into a campaign based on a case being created. 

Any help or information would be really helpfull. 

Brandt
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Salesforce Cases Be Used As Triggers

Hey Brandt,

We aren't using SDFC cases at my current company, but I used to handle cases all the time in a previous role.  The first thing to figure out is whether SFDC cases are a record type that is automatically sync'd to Marketo (hopefully that's how it works) or a custom object that you have to manually sync.

Either way, once you've resolved the sync questions, you should be able to use something like "Added to SFDC case" as a trigger in a smart campaign, which then adds the related record to a campaign in the flow step.

-patrick
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Salesforce Cases Be Used As Triggers

Hi Brandt, 
Saw your post and I was wondering if you have managed to send the email via Marketo? We are trying to do something very similar to what you needed and we also want to add email scripting. The issue at the moment is that the data is not coming through, everything has been synched and enabled for Cases in Marketo and the Smart Lists are not picking up any values.

Do you know if it is required to sync as well Case Contact Roles? It shows on top of Cases in the hierarchy.