Can Cirrus Insight push leads direct to Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Cirrus Insight push leads direct to Marketo?

Anyone have experience with Marketo and Cirrus Insight? http://www.cirrusinsight.com/

Cirrus can push leads direct to Salesforce, but I prefer to push them to Marketo first, and control source, program assignment etc. there.

thx!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Can Cirrus Insight push leads direct to Marketo?

Hi David,

It looks like Cirrus Insight maintains an integration with Marketo from their end. I found some details here:

http://launchpoint.marketo.com/cirruspath/1049-cirrus-insight/#solution-integration-details

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I saw that. But it seems more about pulling lead scoring and other data out of Marketo, rather than pushing leads in.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per a discussion with a Cirrus Insight rep, their Marketo connector does not allow leads to be pushed from Cirrus to Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been using Cirrus Insight together with Marketo's Gmail plugin for over a year now. I don't recommend it (we are now shopping around for alternatives).

The chrome extensions seem to fight each other, with the "Send with Cirrus" and "Send with Marketo" buttons fighting for the correct spot.

CirrusUpdateDifference.png

(The "After Update" shows the buttons overlapping, with the "Send with Marketo" button mostly hidden behind the Cirrus button)

We only use Cirrus so our reps can access Salesforce templates from Gmail, but we actually send with Marketo. One of our reps noticed a problem today: normally typed emails work properly, but emails using the salesforce templates no longer have a subject in Marketo. It appears to still track open and clicks correctly, but we lose context of what the email was about.

Also, Cirrus isn't "really" integrated with Marketo. Instead, they allow for Salesforce custom fields to be shown through the Gmail sidebar. The Marketo-Salesforce app includes custom fields, which the Cirrus app can also access. So Cirrus and Marketo are integrated in the same way any custom fields you have in Salesforce (on Leads/Contacts) can also be "integrated" with Cirrus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo is a native export target of Capture​ so you can use it to mine contacts from gmail, LinkedIn, spreadsheets, "About Us" pages of websites and send them directly to Marketo.

If you want to try it, gregg@ringlead.com