Campaigns and Passing Leads to Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaigns and Passing Leads to Salesforce

I have a dilemna and hoping someone can help..

We are running Programs in Marketo. And example is a Webinar. Under the Program, we send an invitation to the webinar and then a 'thanks for coming' and 'sorry we missed you' emails after the event. I am creating the Campaign in Salesforce BUT I dont want the Invited Smart Campaign to sync. I only want those leads on the Registered or Attended lists to sync over to Salesforce and attach to the Campaign. Marketo Support says that you need to bring everyone over but we dont want to do that. We want leads to stay in Marketo until marketing decides they have qualified for sales. Being sent an invitation for a webinar does not qualifiy a lead (at least in my point of view).

How are you doing this? Creating programs & campaigns and syncing those members that you want to sync and leaving the rest in Marketo? 

Huge problem for us!! Thanks for your help!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Campaigns and Passing Leads to Salesforce

Christina,

I have had the same issue. For this reason we do not add formally add leads to our webcast programs. Instead we push people who register over to the associated campaign and automate the status updates. I'd be very interested in knowing if someone else has a better work around.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keith,

So how did you handle invites? Did you create a separate campaign for the invite vs. resgistered/attended? 

Im going back and forth with support so Ill let you know what I find out. The whole idea is to keep everything in Marketo until it qualifies so this doesnt make sense to me...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina and Keith,

Were either of you able to find a solution here that worked?  I am looking at creating a similar webinar program and like Christina do not want all of the invites synced to SF as they would not be relevant to Sales.  I'd want only those registered/attended synced and to include the tag of whether or not they registered/attended.  I'd really like to avoid the same problem you guys ran into.

Thanks!