Calendar File Tips You Want to Know

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar File Tips You Want to Know

The "add to calendar" tokens are great new feature in Marketo, but there are definitely some things you need to know when using them. Learn from my pain and consider these factors if you're going to use calendar file tokens in emails or landing pages.
  1. Do not reference a token in the calendar file title. This will not populate with data.
  2. Do not reference any rich text tokens. Because the calendar file can only handle plain text, rich text tokens will also populate with the HTML coding (i.e. <p><strong>Speaker:</strong> John Doe</p>).
  3. Remember that calendar file tokens automatically hyperlink utilizing the token name as the hyperlinked text (for example: calendar file token named my.SAVE THE DATE will appear in the sentence as "Make sure you SAVE THE DATE.) So if you want to use two different call to actions, you need two different calendar file tokens. For example, if you also wanted to say "add to your calendar" else where, you need to create a second token called my.add to your calendar.
Feel free to contribute more tips to the thread!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Calendar File Tips You Want to Know

Thanks for sharing the info.  It's timely for me too because I'm getting ready to use it. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amanda! I haven't yet used the calendar tokens because most of our emails were set up previously and already have .ics files.
I am starting to look into these tokens for all new materials we may need so this is a big help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good reminders! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim - Were you previously creating .ics files externally? I'd like to have the ability to add an option for Google calendars, but haven't figured it out yet. Do you use those?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,
Does the Save to Calendar feature convert depending on what time zone you're in?
For example, I am hoping to use this in a webinar confirmation email but our Marketo handle is on West Coast time, will it conver to East or Central time for people in those time zones?
Is there a work around if not?

Thanks