Button

Anonymous
Not applicable

Button

Hi... I had our designer create a blue button that says ' I am interested' for us to use in email blasts.

How do I enable it so when the recipient clicks on it, I can direct it to an email account and records the recipients' contact info? I don't want to direct it toward an email address where they have to type out their request. I just want one simply button that allows us to record the contact details of whomever clicks it.

Is that possible?

Thank you
carla
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Button

From a user experience perspective, you should have a landing page they'll go to after they click.  Something like "Thank You for Your Interest, we'll be in touch shortly"   Set up your email so that a click on your "Interested"  button goes to this landing page.  Note the URL

Then, to know who clicked, set up a Smart list

1. Use a Filter:  "Clicked LInk in Email"
2. Select your Email from the menu.
3. If desired, clidk the "x" to remove "Date of Activity"
4. Click "Add Constraints"
5. Check "Link" 
6. Select the link for your landing page from  the drop down menu
7. Click "Leads" in the 2nd menu bar at the top of the screen (to the right of "Smart List")

You'll now have a list of everyone that clicked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks, Steve. I hope I do it right!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Further to what Steve mentioned above, if someone does fill out the landing page form, as he mentioned above, rather than just clicking on the link, if the person actually submits the form, create a trigger campaign to send an email alert to a particular email address or lead owner.  

Smart campaign:
Filled out form
Form name is > Select the form that your lead filled out and from what website or landing page. 
For Flow, do Send Alert. Create an email alert (you have to do this first before you set up the trigger campaign) and you have the option to Send to Lead to or Account owner, or the second option To Other Emails. Then schedule or activate the campaign. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Michelle!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an image for a "download" button that i've uploaded to my Design Files that I am putting on a Thank You landing page, but how do I place a link to the downloadable content behind the button?