Building Surveys in Marketo Using Forms

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Building Surveys in Marketo Using Forms

Hello,
We have looked into various survey tools to create ongoing Customer Satisfaction Survey and none have seemed to meet our needs.

I was asked if we could create the survey in Marketo using forms. I would create custom fields on the Account level to match back to Custom Fields in the Account level in SFDC. From what I read previously, it didn't seem to be best practice, but I'd like to dig deeper to see why.

I read that you can't make updates on the Account Level out of the box. We have the option to change this, but any ideas why we wouldn't? I read the below article as well.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KzbQCAS

Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated!!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Building Surveys in Marketo Using Forms

It's a square peg in a round hole; you can do it but not without some problems. I used FormSite, which I used to create a custom object record in Salesforce each time a new survey was created, and linked it back to a Salesforce account. Would be interesting to hear your requirements as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look into SnapApp - they integrate with Marketo and have survey functionality available. 
Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the quick response. Quick Question - Why do you use Formsite, as opposed to just a Marketo form? Is it just less complications, and easier to map back to SFDC?  What are some other problems I might encounter if I did build the forms in the Marketo route?

Thanks SO much for your help!
Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Hi Alex,
Thanks for you suggestion! I will look into it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another downside to using Marketo fields for this is that if you plan on adding new surveys as time goes on, eventually you'll end up with a bunch of fields that you might not ever use again and can't delete, thus cluttering up your Marketo instance.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason, 
I work with Julie and I've been tasked with finding an alternative route in an effort to reduce costs instead of adding on additional costs by utilizing Surveygizmo or Qualtrics..which will run into thousands of dollars. After reading your response on using formsite and building the custom object in SFDC, I was wondering how it's working for you and if you've run into any issues with the information routing back to the account? Also, how about analytics on any of the surveys?  Is it possible to see a screen shot of what you've done?

Please feel free to contact me, I'm interested in seeing how this worked out for you.

Thanks,

Tonya Lee
tlee@aasonn.com