Building a Non-Active Returning Visitor Nurture

Anonymous
Not applicable

Building a Non-Active Returning Visitor Nurture

What I am trying to do is build a campaign, content for someone that used to be engaged, visited our site, whatever then went away and is back. How should I find these people? By web activity? Email activity? 

Im also unclear if an engagement campaign would work. (I had always thought the new engagement program was to replace/make nurture easier but it is not as Ive been told). My gut says no because I dont want to be tied to sending every x days on same day at same time. But I also want to measure the content - not as easy with other campaign structures.  

ps. why is there no category called Nurturing??
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Building a Non-Active Returning Visitor Nurture

1.  Yes you can use web activity and email activity to find the leads
2.  You can use programs in the engagement program to offset the time and days if you don't want it to be sent the same time/date every week
3.  The category is called engagement program since this is what use for nurturing
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I would set the cadence and then have smart campaigns running on top of that to move people through the stream? I want all the content to show up in the dashboard which is the only reason I would use engagement program setup. So you are saying I build the stream with all the email content there, then the smart campaign would control how someone moves down the stream? So I would not set a cadence? 

Ive been told numerous times that the engagement program is not the go-to for nurturing 100% of the time which is why I suggested the category.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so my Smart List for this looks like this but it's not working:

Trigger - Visits Web Page is any
Filter - Not Visited Webpage is any in last 180 Days

So I want this to kick-off when someone visits our site but their last visit was more than 180 days ago. What I think is happening is the trigger is not working because it doesnt make sense with the filter (how can they trigger a visit yet not have visited in last 180 days?). How should I configure this to work?
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you can only go back 89 days. Just wanted to add that note. Any history beyond 90 days is wiped out in Marketo. So a nurture that triggers when someone visits and hasnt been to your site in 180 days is impossible.