SOLVED

Block Lead from Receiving Engagement Program Email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Lead from Receiving Engagement Program Email

Hi all,

In our engagement programs one of the first emails is encouraging people to sign up for our blog. It works really well, but now that I'm adding it to our engagement program I don't want people that have already subscribed to the blog to receive it. 

What's the best way to manage this? Should I create a sub-program within the Engagement Program just for the blog send, and in the campaign have a choice flow step to only send the email if someone has not filled out the subscribe form? The problem I see with this is the lead then not receiving an email for another cadence period. Since my cadence is 2 weeks, by inserting them into this choice flow program they potentially would not receive an email for a month.

I didn't see any easy way to exclude the already subscribed folk by looking at it in the stream of content.

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Block Lead from Receiving Engagement Program Email

Hey Marcus,

This session at Summit by @Edwardunthank was really helpful (http://www.marketo.tv/summit2014/how-to-take-intelligent-lead-nurturing-to-the-next-level/) and has tips about using exclusion statuses in streams, etc. I'd recommend watching it 🙂 

Kim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hey Marcus,

This session at Summit by @Edwardunthank was really helpful (http://www.marketo.tv/summit2014/how-to-take-intelligent-lead-nurturing-to-the-next-level/) and has tips about using exclusion statuses in streams, etc. I'd recommend watching it 🙂 

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kim. Figured it had something to do with using the programs as content. Makes things easy that if a lead is already a member of the program it will be skipped over the the next content piece will be called.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the Exclusion status. Just wondering....wouldn't something like following do the same thing to skip someone? Or would the below mean the lead wouldn't receive anything for that given week.

0EM50000000S7zC.jpg