Block email suffixes from completing forms?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block email suffixes from completing forms?

The issue I had with the 1.0 Forms was due to placement as explained here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GttuCAC

I just deleted the HTML and added a new one with code pasted in. Everything is working fine again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked and the forms 1.0 on our site (conductor.com) are still validating the email address and displaying an error message if the email domain is a public domain.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've narrowed down my issue on "1.0" forms - we keep this code in a Snippet so that if we want to add a competitor domain to the list, or a new free/junk mail domain starts popping up, we only need to edit in one place and reapprove the pages VS manually updating 400+ pages with forms. 

Welp...for some reason, perhaps an update, Marketo is now automatically adding a "CDATA" tag to my code into the Snippet. I've tried manually deleting, pasting new code w/o CDATA, and createing a new Snippet - but the CDATA tag keeps appearing...and I learned, CDATA causing anything in the tag to be ignored. 

😞

I've reached out to support and am hoping they can either override whatever is causing the tag to be added (or perhaps figure out why it's editing user added code to begin with). Fingers crossed...I reallllllllllllllllllly don't want to go back to the "old way" and have to update every form page whenever something like sharklasers.com starts appearing on our forms (ps, that's a real junk email domain)!

Anyone here got any inside scoop on if/when we can add our own javascript to form 2.0 pages? They sure look nice, but I'll choose function over fashion every time.
Halid_Delkic
Level 3

Someone has kindly posted a new JavaScript code (copied below) that works with Editor 2.0 on blocking certain domains.

Although it does work, there is a chance it will play havoc with your Submit button. I was using one of the custom designs and functionality was affected. We don't have JS developers/knowledge so have removed the custom HTML. 

Here is the discussion with new code for anyone interested: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PlhSAAS

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
var $jQ = jQuery.noConflict();

var invalidDomains = 
[
"hotmail.com",
"yahoo.com",
"aol.com",
"gmail.com",
];

$jQ(document).ready(function(){
if ($jQ('.mktoButtonRow').length == 0) {
window.setTimeout(function(){
emailValidation();
}, 500);
} else {
emailValidation();
}
});

$jQ('#Email').bind('blur', function(){
if (isEmailValid()){
var $error = $jQ(this).parent().find('.mktoError');
if ($error.length > 0) {
$error.fadeOut(200, function(){
$error.remove();
$jQ('#Email').removeClass('mktoInvalid');
});
}
}
});

function emailValidation() {
var $buttonRow = $jQ('.mktoButtonRow');
var submitText = $buttonRow.find('button').html();
var $replacement = $jQ('<input id="replacementButton" type="button" class="mktoButton" value="' + submitText + '" />');
$buttonRow.hide();
var buttonRowContents = $buttonRow.html();
$span = $jQ(buttonRowContents).html('');
var $replacementRow = $jQ('<div class="mktoFormRow" />').append($span.append($replacement));
$jQ('.mktoFormRow :last').after($replacementRow);
$jQ('#replacementButton').click(function(){
console.log('debug1');
if (!isEmailValid()) {
console.log('debug2');
var $error = $jQ('#Email').parent().find('.mktoError');
if ($error.length == 0) {
$error = getError('Please provide a business or institutional email address');
$jQ('#Email').after($error);
}
$error.fadeIn(200);
$jQ('#Email').removeClass('mktoInvalid').addClass('mktoInvalid');
return;
} else {
console.log('debug3');
$jQ('.mktoButtonRow button').trigger('click');
}
});
}

function isEmailValid() {
var email = $jQ('#Email').val().toLowerCase();
for(i=0; i < invalidDomains.length; i++) {
var invalidDomain = invalidDomains[i].toLowerCase();
if (email.indexOf(invalidDomain) !== -1) {
return false;
}
    }
return true;
}

function getError(message, detail) {
var $container = $jQ('<div class="mktoError" style="right: 0px; bottom: -47px; display: none" />');
var $arrow = $jQ('<div class="mktoErrorArrowWrap"><div class="mktoErrorArrow"></div></div>');
var $errorMessage = $jQ('<div class="mktoErrorMsg" />').html(message);
if (typeof detail == 'string' && $jQ.trim(detail) != '') {
$errorMessage = $errorMessage.append($jQ('<span class="mktoErrorDetail" />').html(detail))
}
return $container.append($arrow).append($errorMessage);
}
</script>