Best Report for Showing Revisiting "Contacts" and "Leads"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Report for Showing Revisiting "Contacts" and "Leads"

I understand Marketo is all about managing NET NEW leads, but most marketers are tasked with running Nurture campaigns, etc and reporting on how the "current population" is doing. My company, like many, has Inside Sales manage the Net New names and Field Sales manage the current Contacts associated with Accounts. My field reps want to be notified when a Contact takes a new action, such as participates in a new campaign - not just browse web pages.

Ideas or methodologies here for how to report on those who raise their hands 2+ times?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Report for Showing Revisiting "Contacts" and "Leads"

Suzanne:

This sounds like a perfect set up for leveraging the lead scoring and/or triggers functionality in Marketo. You can set up alerts based upon either to feed to people you wan them to go to.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Report for Showing Revisiting "Contacts" and "Leads"

Hi Suzanne,

The way my organization does this is somewhat unique (at least I think so) and might not work for others, but maybe it'll trigger an idea for you!

Instead of using MQL and SQL as different phases in our one, streamlined revenue cycle, we look at them as kind of branches off of the main process. If a lead is to become an SQL, they must be a current client with an Account Owner. The threshold for their lead score is higher than MQL as well.

Similarly, to be an MQL, the lead must not be a current client and must not have an account owner. 

We also have measures in place so that if someone is a client of one product or services, but visits pages associated with a different product/service, this could trigger an alert quicker. These alerts will go to their account owner.

This way, the marketing department is minimally involved in sales' relationships with their current clients (but we can see how the things we work on and produce are affecting things...and can take credit!) and we can focus on the net new leads that we own.

Basically, I think you just need another threshold for these folks. Set up a different alerting system for you and your organization to follow them on their journey....this could mean the whole nine yards: a new field for tracking the score, additional scoring measures, new alerting procedures, etc. Or you could hybrid it into your current system.

- Emily