Best practices for "transferring" leads between Nurture programs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practices for "transferring" leads between Nurture programs

Hi all!

We currently have an active nurture program (Nurture A) that includes targets for an upcoming nurture campaign (Nurture B).  Based on my campaign requester's strategy, we need to find a way to essentially "transfer" the targets from A to B, but I'm concerned with the potential of losing historical program numbers from "Nurture A".  

In order to keep this data, I believe that I want to avoid changing their program status to "Not In Program" by way of a smart campaign.  If this is accurate, what other ways can I accomplish this transfer?  Is there a way to do the equivalent of forcing content exhaustion so that leads are simply "done" with the program streams?

I'm sure this will come up multiple times for my organization, so I'd like to get a best practice started so that I can communicate any needs/reprocussions to my program requesters during my campaign builds.

Thanks for any of your insights!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best practices for "transferring" leads between Nurture programs

For the leads that you want to stop messaging in Nurture A, use the Change Engagement Program Cadence trigger as a flow step or lead action for the leads you want to transfer to another Nurture. Use the status of Paused to stop them from recieving content in that engagement program, but preserve their membership and history for the program. You can change the cadence back to Normal if you ever want to continue messaging them through Nurture A.

Does that help?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jessica, if you are using seperate programs, Joe's suggestion is spot on so you can keep some of the reporting info.

As another option, you could keep the lead in the same engagement program but just change the stream from stream A to B using transition rules. The pro of this method is you can never mess up and have someone in stream A and B at the same time. This method is ideal if you have a product engagement program with early, mid and late stage content streams. You could move someone from early to mid with various transition rule triggers.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you both Joe and Jeff!

I've used the pause feature, but wasn't sure whether or not this should be a long-term solution.

A clarifying question regarding "pausing" the cadence for a group of people.  Are paused leads represented in any specific way within the streams where I would need to account for them within reporting?  

Again, thank you for your input!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff's point about creating multiple streams is great advice. If you are able to have multiple streams in your account and it makes sense to what you are trying to accomplish, you should stick with one Engagement Program. It might be late for this initiative, but keep this in mind for your next nurtures.

To your clarifying question, you can see the leads that are paused within the program by checking the Members tab and sorting by the Engagment Program Cadence. You can also run a smart list with filters of Member of Engegment Program is "A" and Engagement Program Cadence is Paused.

Paused leads are not specifically called out within the streams. You might want to account for them if you are calling out how many active members are in the Program. You would subtract the number of paused members from the total members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The original nurture was for field sales while the latest will be an inside sales initiative, so they are wanting to keep them as separate programs - otherwise I would have gone the cleaner route and just created additional streams and moved people around.

After talking through options with my group, I think we will end up creating a new "isolation" stream in the current program and transition those that will be targeted in the new program.  Since we're newer to engagement programs, it seems the safer route to go as far as reporting and operational safety.

Again - thank you both so much for your help!