Best Practices for Event Programs?

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Best Practices for Event Programs?

Hello! I'm not sure if this has been asked before (probably!) and this may seem like a silly question, but I'd love to hear your input on this.

Here is the scenario:
We will be sponsoring a conference and want to send a pre-event email letting them know we will be exhibiting/sponsoring as well a seperate invite to a cocktail reception. After the event has passed, we want to send a follow-up email to those who attended. We currently sync our Campaigns to SFDC Campaigns, but don't have sales insight. So when I sync my program it'll show Lead ABC > Opened Email in Campaign.

Question: I want my Sales team to see the results of all emails, so do I need to build a seperate program for each email and have that sync over, or is there a better way to do that?

Maybe I am missing something completely, but any thoughts would be appreciated!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Practices for Event Programs?

Julie,

I think what you're asking is that you have multiple emails associated with what you consider to be really one "campaign" or program and you're not sure how to relfect the responses to each email in a campaign member status in SFDC?

If you keep everything under one program/campaign then you can customize your program/member statuses to reflect the multiple emails:
  1. Sent Email 1 Invite
  2. Opened Email 1 Invite
  3. Clicked Email 1 Invite
  4. Attended event
  5. Opened Email 2 Follow up
  6. Clicked Email 2 Follow up

Or some equivalent.

Of course as a campaign member, they will only have 1 status at a time, so you will lose the information about Email 1 if someone clicks on Email 2 within the same campaign.

Some people rate the responses in a numbered hierarchy, so that if someone opened email 2, then it's someohow much more important then opening email 1, and therefore we don't need to know about email 1 anymore (kind of like if someone clicks on an email, we no longer need to know that the person opened the email).

So I would ask you - what's more important:
  • Having everyone campaign member under one campaign?
  • Having detailed information about the response to each email?
If the second is more important, I would consider splitting everything into it's own program, and then having a multiple campaigns that roll up to a parent campaign in SFDC.

Hope that makes sense.
Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Re: Best Practices for Event Programs?

Thanks Grant!

That was super helpful, and you totally understood my thought process. We would like to see detailed information, so I will have to take your second suggestion. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything!