Best Practice for Priority Override for Trigger Campaigns

ckowalczyk
Level 2

Best Practice for Priority Override for Trigger Campaigns

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has any best practice advice on using the Priority Override for Trigger Campaigns? See here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/smart-ca... 

I want to speed up my system and in my research, came across this feature and naturally became curious on how to best use it. 

My first instinct is to prioritize something like a list import trigger to ensure it actions fast as that is always a top priority. And given that in the Product Doc, Marketo is promoting using the feature for trigger campaigns that better align with your business. 

That said, I'm wondering if the best practice would be to prioritize any key operational programs that push essential data and if they should ultimately win out? 

Any advice welcomed!

Cheers,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
jsiebert
Level 4

Re: Best Practice for Priority Override for Trigger Campaigns

@ckowalczyk - I think this will be different per business use case, but like you said I would suggest giving high priority to operational campaigns that affect how leads function in your database.

For example, a company I had worked for implemented a traffic cop that classified our leads based on how they came into the system (contact us form, webinar, event list import, etc.) with data value changes that drastically affected how other campaigns worked in our system. These types of operational campaigns is where I personally found campaign priority the most effective. 

Jack Siebert
ckowalczyk
Level 2

Re: Best Practice for Priority Override for Trigger Campaigns

Thanks @jsiebert! That is what i suspected - appreciate the example too.

Would love to hear more from others too on their uses!