Best Bets for Internal Sales People

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Bets for Internal Sales People

How can internal sales reps use best bets? The lead owner is the External (field) sales rep, but it is the internals who need to make the calls.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Bets for Internal Sales People

Generally I see the internal rep owning the lead until a meeting, and then assigning to the external rep, but interested to see how others approach this
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Steven here...we have defined territories so there are no "turf wars" when it comes to leads. Our SDRs own all leads before telequalification and change the owner when they have set up a meeting. It's the only way to really make Best Bets work for Sales Development.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also add that Sales Insight (and by extension Salesforce) are most effective for inside sales activities: logging activities, seeing interactions with content, and general triage of a high volume of leads.  Outside sales will benefit from some features such as tracking opens on proposals, but they generally won't see value in these tools.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the heart of the question is to ensure that Insights is set up properly and that the consumers of the information are well versed in what it is they are seeing, how activity impacts it, and how they can gain additional leverage using it - regardless if they are inside or outside - is the the view of the prospect that needs to be worked.

Best bets helps with the indentification of who to call first. We have ours mapped to aggregate activity (flames) and relative demographic score (stars) so they can see who is active/recent and who fits the profile the best. So if its an inside queue they know who to call, if its pushed to outside for followup they know who they need to address but still have access to the criteria.

I'd also make sure that the inside team is setting up watches - great for key accounts or repeat customers.