SOLVED

Re: Autosave Randomly Does Not Work

Go to solution
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Autosave Randomly Does Not Work

I am experiencing an issue with information I enter/change on a lead's record randomly not saving. For instance, I put information in Person Notes, close the record, then come back to find none of the information is saved. I've tried waiting several minutes, flipping back and forth between tabs before leaving, etc and I still have the issue. I see this on both custom fields and standard defaul fields. I opened a ticket awhile ago and received the above suggestions that aren't working.

Has anyone else expereinced this? If so, how did you correct?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a save button, many years ago... 

In all honesty Kathi, just keep your eyes on the top right corner, when you click an other field, you'll see it update to Auto-Saved. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just in Marketo that it is not capturing, or is it capturing then something (either CRM or something hooked into your CRM) is reverting the information?  We had this instance where 200+ leads for one TAM were merged into one, and what it came down to was that his SFDC Outlook Connector for his Mac had a glitch in the programming which caused major headaches.  I'm just tossing that out as a possible reason.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are looking at the lead record and making a manual edit, tab out of the field then close, that typically will fix it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with Maneeza, that's a standard Marketo practice. As you're working, click out of the area you edited, maybe tab through a couple of boxes or click a few places. THEN close out of the email/landing page/ lead record. It's the way their auto-save works off of click events. You should be fine if you click before closing.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I have experienced same issue and I'm also doing as Maneeza and Adam suggested: I'm just clicking on another field if I notice that auto-saved is not activated.
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Travis, I don't use Outlook on my Mac, but I won't say that there may not be some other glitch.

I'll give Maneeza and Adam's suggestions a try and see what happens. I will say that I've been clicking on multiple tabs, before closing out, though I'm not sure I have been clicking on fields. I'd rather have a "save" button and be done with it. Multiple clicks to do what I could do with one "save" click seems counter-productive.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a save button, many years ago... 

In all honesty Kathi, just keep your eyes on the top right corner, when you click an other field, you'll see it update to Auto-Saved. 
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

Good advise Adam. I'll do that.